0

C25K - Let's Catch Up Here

I've been so busy lately and haven't had the chance to make my last few posts! Don't worry, I haven't quit!!!!! I'm actually super excited as I only have 4 more runs to go to finish this program!!

So let's to an overview of the last few runs:

Week 7, Day 3
After my not-so-encouraging first outdoor run 2 days earlier, I decided to return to the treadmill to build up some confidence again. I breezed right through the required 25 minutes and felt great afterwards!

Week 8, Day 1
This week all 3 runs are to be 28 minutes long. It was so gorgeous outside that I just had to try an outdoor run again. Thanks to the suggestion of a coworker, I made my way to a local high school and decided to tackle the run on a track. I learned my lesson my first outdoor run and really worked on paying attention to my pace and breathing so that the first 5 minutes wouldn't be awful again! Consciously knowing that I had to work on that really helped and although it felt like forever, I managed to get through the 28 minutes with no real issues!

Week 8, Day 2
Last night we had gorgeous weather again! It was 12 degrees outside after work! I was so happy with the weather that I headed out to the track again with just a tank and long sleeved top on! (along with pants of course lol) I had the track to myself again and breezed through the 28 minutes! Seriously, it seemed to go by so much faster this time - it felt great! The only downside was that the smell of people bbqing was killing me! haha I remembered to count my laps this time and actually RAN 10 laps which equals to 2.5miles (just over 4K). Upon doing research, 5K is 12.5 laps so I'm only 2.5 laps off of the 5K goal!!!

Only 4 runs to go and I will be an official C25K graduate! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment