0

C25K: Week 6, Day 1

You know when growing up how you're always told to listen to your mother? Well today was a day when I wish I did NOT listen to my mother for a change! lol (yeah, I'm a little goody-goody) Anyway, I had sort of a lazy morning as Friday was a late night and that just put my entire schedule a little behind. I didn't finish my ride until after 11, meaning it was after 12 by the time I got to my parents' house to do my run. Lunch was just about ready to be served and I was starving! My mom convinced me that it would be a good idea to just eat some lunch first and then go do my run. "You need the energy!" she says.

I had a bowl of vegetable soup with cheese stuffed tortellinis and 2 small slices of grilled chicken/roasted red pepper/goat cheese pizza. I waited a good 20 minutes or so and then went to do my run which consisted of the following:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Eating before = MISTAKE. My whole body just felt heavy the entire run. I was lethargic, and for the first time throughout this program, I had a VERY hard time. I really had to push myself to get through! Needless to say, no more meals BEFORE my runs!!

Today's stats:
Distance: 2.54 miles (4.09 km)
Calories burned: 279
Time: 34:00

0 comments:

Post a Comment