1

C25K: Week 4, Day 1

I can't believe I'm already in week 4 of this program! Almost half way there!

Saturday's workout went really well, minus a few musical issues. It didn't take long for me to realize that listening to music that I like definitely affects my running quality. The only downside to this C25K program and using podcasts is that I can't chose what music I listen to. If I want the convenience of not having to watch the clock, I have no choice. Up until now, the podcasts have been pretty good with the odd rap song here and there that I don't like (I hate rap), but it's been tolerable. Around minute 16 of Saturday's workout, the most horrible song came on! With all it's blatant DIRTY sexual innuendos.. it just wasn't something I needed to hear to keep me upbeat to finish this workout. It's not like I didn't finish my workout, because I did. My mood was severely effected though after having to listen to that awful music and it made the rest of the workout pretty tough. My mom is starting the program today and I'm definitely going to make sure she never listens to this one!

Despite the awful music, as I said, I did manage to power through this workout and was pretty proud of myself at the end.

Week four consists of:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 400m (or 3 minutes)
Walk 200m (or 90 seconds)
Jog 800m (or 5 minutes)
Walk 400m (or 2-1/2 minutes)
Jog 400m (or 3 minutes)
Walk 200m (or 90 seconds)
Jog 800m (or 5 minutes)


This time 4 weeks ago, I never thought I'd be doing this much running so soon and actually not having any issues with it!


Saturday's stats:
Distance: 2.33 miles (3.75km)
Calories burned: 254
Time: 32:45

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear about the music! Thumbs up for getting the workout done, though! :)

Post a Comment